xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb# Pomegranate Jones: Sample Menu

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sample Menu

I'm posting a sample of what my week-long menu looks like. I meant to post this earlier, but forgot. I'm single, so I always have leftovers. I try to freeze some for the days where I don't feel like cooking. It's nice to have a meal that only needs to be nuked in the microwave for five or so minutes. I have really cut back on dining out and ordering takeout (Sorry GrubHub).

If you have a family of 4-6, you probably won't have too many leftovers. If that's the case, then you need to come up with about 18-21 meals for the week including snacks. If you have the time, try to cook most of the meals on the weekend. You can make a lasagna and not bake it. It will keep in your freezer for a few days. Just write the date and heating instructions for your kids.

I try to make most of my snacks ahead. I'm one of those people, if I eat it out of the box, then I eat the whole box so I have to measure out things before hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment