xmlns:fb='http://ogp.me/ns/fb# Pomegranate Jones: Easy Oatmeal with fruit

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Easy Oatmeal with fruit

I used to buy those pre-packaged packets of oatmeal and eat that every morning for breakfast. However, I find that it's really a waste of money. For the same amount of money, you can buy a big can of quick cooking oatmeal. All you have to do is add your milk or water and a pinch of salt. I like to add a half cup of frozen fruit and brown sugar. The oatmeal will fill you up for a few hours.

Ingredients
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup of fat free milk
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1/2 cup of frozen fruit. I love raspberries.
A pinch of salt

Mix everything in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the microwave until desired doneness.

In the end you will have a rich tasting breakfast that incorporates a serving of fruit, milk, and whole grains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment